Under Old Joe Biden’s watch, there have been an estimated ten million immigrants who entered America illegally, and the number could be higher. Needless to say, our immigration policies need to be enforced, not neglected in order for the Democrats to get more votes. Because it’s just not people coming here illegally in search of a better life. Various criminals are coming across our borders, including those involved in drug smuggling, human trafficking, and terrorism. And Latin America is not the only place illegal immigrants are coming from. People from the Muslim world are also sneaking across our borders. Chinese nationals have also been coming here illegally, possibly for the purpose of espionage.
So what is to be done about this problem? The Politically Incorrect Guide to Immigration by John Zmirak and Al Perrotta provides a list of solutions, which are as follows:
- Build the wall. It will cost as much as $12-15 billion, but it will save Americans $64 billion over a ten-year period. It should be noted immigrant households take 57% more food assistance than other American households, the average cost in welfare per illegal immigrant household is over $5,000 and that competition from immigrants cost American workers $450 billion a year.
- Track those who enter the United States on visas and immediately remove those who overstay them.
- Strip sanctuary cities of discretionary federal funding, and use other means to exert pressure on them.
- Remove criminal aliens first, including those who commit ID theft.
- Check the right of new applicants to work legally in American via E-Verify, which must be mandatory for every business with five or more employees.
- Create a federal hotline, like the IRS hotline, allowing citizens to report illegal immigrants to ICE for removal.
- Pass a federal law that ends birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, then fight for it in the courts.
- Stop chain migration.
- End the “Diversity Visa” lottery.
- Fix legal immigration. We should favor highly skilled workers, with lower overall totals.
- Shrink immigration admissions from high-risk countries to as close to zero as possible.
- Update our citizenship oath to require renouncing “religious laws or systems of laws” contrary to the U.S. Constitution. Then pass laws revoking citizenship for any naturalized person who takes this oath and goes on to break it.
- Honor the “first safe country” rule for refugees. Help resettle genuine refugees in compatible nearby countries. Require refugees to return when it’s safe.
- Enforce the financial promise made by sponsors to prevent immigrants from becoming a “public charge.”
- Doing everything we can to help immigrants become productive and patriotic citizens.
If all goes well in this year’s elections, then these policies need to be implemented.